NAAMII (Nepal Applied Mathematics and Informatics Institute for Research ) is organizing an intensive ten days AI School in Kathmandu. It is a great opportunity for students and professionals to learn AI and machine learning with hands-on training from the academy and industry experts from around the world. The school will start on 20 December 2018, Thursday. Women and AI-enthusiasts residing outside Kathmandu valley highly encouraged to apply. This event is powered by Ncell and open to everyone.
20-30 December, 2018
Apply here to secure your seat.
Application for participation deadline:
25th November 2018 (Extended)
- Provide students/professionals with the prerequisite fundamentals of mathematics, statistics, programming and paper reading skills required for starting a career in AI research
- Provide an overview of state-of-the-art research in ML and AI
- Inspire early stage researchers from Nepal and the region to take on challenging high impact AI problems in visual recognition, natural language processing, medical science etc.
- Provide a venue for sharing and discussing cutting-edge technological advances in AI among both veteran and young researchers from around the world
- Create new opportunities for the participants and play an important role in democratizing AI by inspiring the next generation of leaders in AI from developing countries
The Nepal School consists of a series of lectures, lab sessions, and scientific paper reading/writing sessions given by invited world-class experts. The experts include a number of alumni who graduated from the local engineering schools and have good knowledge of the teaching methodology there and the key gaps that need to be filled. The social events (a day hiking and dinner) will provide ample opportunities for the like-minded people to network and collaborate.